Information we collect
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the Platform or the service provided to you. This information is held in a secure database. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include:
- Personally identifying information (such as your First and Last name, date of birth, gender, Medicare/Health Care/Pensioner card number, email, phone number/s)
- Background information in relation to the service you wish to receive from us
- The name of and contact details of your Registered Medical Professionals or Practitioners including Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, General Practitioners or Psychiatrists)
- Health information provided by you or on your behalf by other Registered Medical practitioners (such as referrals, discharge summaries, medical history, reports, and other communications)
- Clinical or Case notes made by your Service provider for your therapy Sessions
- Communications to your other health practitioners (such as letters to the referring medical practitioner)
- Reports prepared for you or on your behalf by your Service Provider at UnboxedPride
We also collect cookies from your computer which enable us to tell when you use the website and also to help customize and improve your Platform experience. Cookies enhance the Platform’s performance and are used for third-party tracking.
By using our website or Platform, you have the option to consent to the receipt of direct marketing material such as promotional email or SMS. We will only use your personal identification information (such as name, email address or mobile numbers) for this purpose if we have collected information direct from you and you have consented to receive direct marketing or promotional material from UnboxedPride Pty Ltd.
All employees, contractors and owners of UnboxedPride who may or may not collect or process information as part of this Agreement are subject to privacy laws and obligations, and all employees, contractors and owners of UnboxedPride are trained in the proper handling of personal information.
All our Service Providers are bound by the privacy policies, rules and guidelines of their relevant industry association or applicable under Australian laws and legislation. This is further stipulated in every Service Provider contractor Agreement entered into by UnboxedPride in respect to handling your personal information.
How We Use This Information
The personal information you or your parent or legal guardian provided to us is collected and used to process and manage the services provided to you by our Service Providers.
For the duration of time you are accessing our Platform, UnboxedPride may be required to share your confidential information with, or otherwise request confidential information from, third parties including Registered Medical Professionals or Practitioners including Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, General Practitioners or Psychiatrists) to which are also bound to confidentiality obligations.
Your personal and confidential information will only be disclosed in the following circumstances::
- as consented by you or by your legal guardian via written or verbal consent, we may:
- Provide a written report to another agency or professional for eg. GP, Lawyer or other Medical practitioner or specialist
- Discuss the information collected with a relative, carer or employer
- as required as part of the external party providing funding for the psychological services we provide to you (such as Medicare, Health Insurer)
- if we identify an imminent threat of harm to yourself or another person we may decide, without obligation to do so, to report that information
- as required by Australian law or otherwise and cannot be excluded by your wishes, for example in the case of valid issued subpoena
UnboxedPride will take all reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, by accessing or using our Platform, you acknowledge, accept and agree that we are not liable for any damages or personal injury caused by the inadvertent disclosure of your personal information and hold us harmless from any causes of action or claim of any nature resulting from such disclosure.
Service Providers Retaining Information
All UnboxedPride Pty Ltd Service providers are independent practitioners/contractors and are not employed by us. Service providers are all registered members in professional organizations that set best practices for information management and data security whilst providing your service.
Your Service Provider will collect and gather additional information for the duration of Sessions you have together. Your Service Provider will often make notes about your Session. This information is utilized to provide a comprehensive assessment to provide the best possible service to you.
Your Service Provider is responsible to ensure that this confidential information is securely held according to the confidentiality policies specified by their governing organization, and by Australian Law. All our Service Providers are bound by the privacy policies, rules and guidelines of their relevant industry association or applicable under Australian laws and legislation. Further all Service Providers contract Agreements entered into by Unboxed Pride stipulate they must comply with all relevant Privacy Acts and policies.
Access and/or Correction to Personal Information
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please feel free to contact us as set out below.
How to contact us about Privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us through: email@example.com.