Here are some common indicators that anger could be having an impact on your life:
- It takes a long time to feel calm again after something makes you angry.
- Constantly feeling on edge or anxious, experiencing headaches or high blood pressure.
- Urges to verbally, emotionally, or physically attack when conflict occurs.
- You turn to drugs or alcohol to manage your anger.
- Trying to resolve past disputes becomes common.
- People close to you have voiced their concerns to you about your anger.
- You feel shame or regret as an outcome of a confrontation or conflict.